The Combined Hall Blood Donation Drive is back for the 4th year. Do grab your neighbours, friends, and even family down to this meaningful event.
It is open to all Hall Residents, NUS staff & students as well as the public.
Date: 6th September 2016
Venue: Eusoff Function Hall
Time: 12.30pm – 6.30pm
Important information to note when donors come for the drive:
1) Please bring down some form of identification (i.e. IC, passport, student card, driving license etc.)
2) All donors below the age of 18 years old must download and bring along this consent form (http://www.hsa.gov.sg/content/dam/HSA/BSG/Blood_Donation/Blood_Donation_Process/Parent-Consent-form.pdf)
3) It must be at least 4 months since you last visited malaria endemic countries. (The list of countries can be found via this link:http://www.hsa.gov.sg/content/hsa/en/Blood_Services/Blood_Donation/Can_I_Donate/Overseas_Deferral_Criteria.html#Malaria)
4) You must weigh at least 45kg.
5) Load up on iron-laden foods (i.e. beef, chicken, soy beans, leafy vegetables, etc.) to maintain a healthy haemoglobin level before donating!
One bag of blood is able to save 3 lives so let’s save as many lives as possible!
If you have any queries, please feel free to contact Yee Ying at 96480511. Thank you.
Hope to see you then.
Posted: 31 August, 2016